What problems do long-term care facilities face?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
Joann Cancel, the Program Director for the Volunteer Advocacy Program in the New Jersey Ombudsman's Office for the Institutionalized Elderly, has her views as to problems in long term care facilities. "The biggest problem today is staffing, and this applies to all states. Years ago, abuse was the biggest problem in long-term care. It still exists but now the bigger issue is neglect because of inadequate staffing and poor work ethics."
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Be an Informed Patient and Get Healthier
If you’ve ever wondered what your doc is scribbling in your file or entering into a computer during your medical appointment, you’re not alone. More t...
What is intermittent self-catheterization?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Intermittent self-catheterization, or clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC), is a procedure...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
How Are You Diving Down Cost and Improving Efficiency in Healthcare?