What will the pharmacist do if the pharmacy is out of my medication?

Goldina Erowele
Caregiving

Pharmacists are drug experts and are always there to talk with you and what your options are. In a situation where your pharmacy does not have your medication in stock, the pharmacist will typically inform you how soon they are able to medication and how soon the medication will be in the pharmacy and when they will contact you for follow-up. If it is a medication that requires you to start immediately, the pharmacist will probably call other area pharmacies to see if they carry the medication or not. This also an opportunity to ask any questions you have for your pharmacist, anything regarding your medications!

Answers to questions regarding information about medications or health conditions are not for diagnostic or treatment purposes and are not conclusive as to the presence or absence of any health condition. Individuals using this site are encouraged to consult the healthcare provider regarding their specific medical condition. Information provided by Walgreens does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
Recently, I woke up in the back of an ambulance after a bad bicycle accident with an EMT sticking an IV in my arm. The first words out of my mouth wer...
Why would a person come to see a PA versus a physician?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
It is a personal preference whether a patient would like to see a physician assistant (PA) versus a ...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
How Does Connecting People in Africa Help Improve Their Healthcare Options?