What personal information do I need to organize before I die?

It is essential to organize your personal information before you die. Below are typical forms, subscriptions and accounts to keep in mind as you get organized:
  • Advance directives, such as health care power of attorney and do not resuscitate (DNR) orders
  • Proof of identity and relationships, such as your social security card, Armed Forces discharge papers, birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificates and related papers
  • Household utilities, including cable
  • Automatically renewing medications
  • Online accounts, including email, social media, photo-sharing, business (such as Amazon and Ebay)
  • Entertainment subscriptions and accounts, such as Netflix and  Playstation
  • Safe deposit box location information and keys 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Prime Directive for Healthcare
Prime Directive for Healthcare
In Star Trek, the Prime Directive may work well to protect less advanced societies from contamination by the hyper-techy world of Starfleet. But in th...
What is family history?
Your family health history is a record of medical information about you and your close relatives. A ...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
How Is the Technology Revolution Affecting Public Health?