What is the least expensive burial option?

Direct burial is the least expensive burial option. That's because some of the most expensive purchases -- casket, preparing the body and an elaborate funeral service -- are avoided. In addition, some funeral homes will charge a lower basic-services fee (the non-declinable flat fee funeral homes charge) for direct burial. If you are interested in saving money, it's worth calling a number of different funeral homes to compare their direct burial fees.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Difference Between Misdiagnosis and Missed Diagnosis
In 1921, at age 39, Franklin Delano Roosevelt suddenly developed pain and paralysis in his upper and lower body. Although he regained control of his u...
How can my family doctor help me if I need specialized care?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
If you need specialized healthcare or complicated procedures, your family doctor can help you naviga...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
What Are the Bioethical Issues Raised by Collecting So Much Health Data?