What is neonatal death?

Neonatal death is when a baby dies after birth in the first 28 days of life. The most common causes of neonatal death are premature birth (before 37 weeks of pregnancy), low birthweight (less than 5 pounds, 8 ounces) and birth defects. Your healthcare provider or a genetic counselor may be able to help you learn about why your baby died and if you may have the same problems in another pregnancy. Learn more at: marchofdimes.org

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
In hockey, cross-checking means a player with both hands on his raised hockey stick slams into an opposing player. That’s against NHL rules and earns ...
What services do community pharmacies offer?
Angela Green, PharmDAngela Green, PharmD
Community pharmacies offer vaccinations and medication management, and some are offering testing for...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
What Are the Possibilities of a Malaria Vaccine?