What is direct burial?

Direct burial is a burial option in which the body is buried in the days immediately after death, without a formal funeral service or graveside service before the burial. Direct burial is the most affordable burial option.

If you want to arrange a direct burial, you’ll likely want to work with a funeral home and a cemetery to begin making arrangements.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Prime Directive for Healthcare
Prime Directive for Healthcare
In Star Trek, the Prime Directive may work well to protect less advanced societies from contamination by the hyper-techy world of Starfleet. But in th...
When will I meet the breast nurse navigator?
Portsmouth Regional HospitalPortsmouth Regional Hospital
A breast care navigator usually meets a patient after diagnosis, but before the patient has started ...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Who Will Take Care of Patients in the Future?