What is cremation?

Cremation is when a deceased person's body is burned to ash. The ash is referred to as a person's cremains or cremated remains. These may be buried in the earth, interred in a columbarium, kept by the family in an urn or scattered.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Medications and Mosquitoes: The Latest Developments
Q: Congress passed a Right-to-Try bill, which means that people who are terminally ill can try new drugs without FDA approval. That’s a good thing, ri...
What can I do to improve my chances of recovery of dual diagnosis?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
To improve your chances of recovery, you should be honest with yourself and others and admit you hav...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
Has the Internet Created a Nation of Hypochondriacs?