What is a columbarium?

A columbarium is like a mausoleum, except that the wall spaces, called "niches," are much smaller to accommodate containers with ashes. Once the urn containing the ashes has been interred in the columbarium, a bronze plaque will be placed on the outside of the niche identifying whose remains are interred inside. Like spaces in a mausoleum, the prices for columbarium niches will vary depending on the location of the niche in the columbarium. 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
What are the advantages of being treated by a hospitalist?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
“As a general internist, 20 years ago you would have at least one patient to visit in the hospital e...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Technological Breakthroughs Have Allowed Genome Sequencing to Advance?