What does The Joint Commission Golden Seal of Approval mean?

The Joint Commission, a private, not-for-profit organization, has been the nation’s leader in continuously improving patient safety and health care quality for more than fifty years. The Joint Commission is the principal standards setter and evaluator for a variety of health care organizations, including hospitals, ambulatory care, behavioral health care, home care, laboratories, and long-term care. Joint Commission accreditation -- the coveted Gold Seal of Approval -- means that a health care organization complies with the most rigorous standards of performance.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Navigating the Healthcare System When Facing Addiction
Navigating the healthcare system can be a confusing and daunting task. Therefore, understanding how to properly access prevention, treatment and recov...
Why might my loved one have a deathbed vision?
David KesslerDavid Kessler
Deathbed visions are also known by other names, including near-death awareness, deathbed phenomena a...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
What Does It Mean To Manage Health?
What Does It Mean To Manage Health?