What are a funeral home's additional goods and services?

Additional services and goods are items that the funeral home offers for an additional fee and are available at your discretion. These goods and services may include:
  • Embalming or cosmetic preparations of the body
  • The use of a funeral home or cemetery chapel for a viewing or visitation, funeral service or memorial service
  • The use of a hearse, limousine or other transportation
  • A casket, outer burial container or urn
  • Burial clothing
The purchase of all additional goods and services are at your discretion. According to the Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule, you have the right to purchase any goods elsewhere and the funeral home may not charge you a fee for using those goods. However, many funeral homes will require certain services based on the services you choose; for example, should you choose to have a viewing or visitation, the funeral home may require you to have the body embalmed.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

More Dangerous Epidemics in America Than Ebola
If the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that over 33,000 American citizens would die from Ebola in 2015, it would be horrendous, b...
What is the difference between a nurse navigator and a primary care nurse?
Fawcett Memorial HospitalFawcett Memorial Hospital
Primary care nurses assist a wide variety of patients, while oncology nurse navigators typically wor...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
Want to Stay Young? Watch Your Blood Pressure