What are Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)?

Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) are federally supported community-based health clinics that provide healthcare services, including prevention, in areas that are underserved. These programs include Community Health Centers, Public Housing Primary Care plans, Migrant Health Centers, Homeless Health Care programs, and Urban Indian and Tribal Health Centers. Go online to the Bureau of Primary Health Care Web site for help finding free or low-cost health care.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
Have you ever walked out of the doctor’s office and immediately forgotten what the doc told you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone: According to research...
What's wrong with healthcare and medicine today?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Healthcare professionals have different views about the problems facing our medical system today. In...
Who is on a surgical team?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Our surgical staff includes several vital people. First, our anesthesiologist is used to put the pat...
Should I talk to my doctor about different dosing?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
It is very important to have an open communication with your physician. He needs to know how you are...