What kind of doctor will I see next if my doctor suspects heart disease?

Richard T. Leshner, DO
If your doctor suspects heart disease you will probably see a cardiologist next. Often the cardiologist is the first place that people will be sent for having symptoms that could be heart disease. Cardiologists have all kinds of techniques to diagnose or rule out heart disease.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a Surgeon: How Much Experience is Enough?
An old joke involves a patient asking the doctor, “Have you been successful doing this surgery?”If the doctor says, “Yes, I’ve been successful,” tha...
What should I expect at an urgent care clinic?
At an urgent care clinic you can expect similar care to what you would receive at an emergency room....
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
Which Healthcare Technologies Have the Greatest Potential?