What kind of doctor will I see next if my doctor suspects heart disease?

Dr. Richard T. Leshner, DO
Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

If your doctor suspects heart disease you will probably see a cardiologist next. Often the cardiologist is the first place that people will be sent for having symptoms that could be heart disease. Cardiologists have all kinds of techniques to diagnose or rule out heart disease.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
Recently, I woke up in the back of an ambulance after a bad bicycle accident with an EMT sticking an IV in my arm. The first words out of my mouth wer...
Why would a hospitalist need to contact my primary care doctor?
Dr. Umang Patel, DODr. Umang Patel, DO
A hospitalist would need to contact your primary care doctor when he or she has any questions regard...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
With Mobile Health, Have You Seen Differences in Outcomes for Your Patients?