What is the difference between a green cemetery and a traditional cemetery?

There are substantial differences between green cemeteries and traditional cemeteries. Green cemeteries and natural burial grounds require that green caskets or a shroud be used when the body is buried, and prohibit the use of outer burial containers. This helps to maintain the natural habitat of the environment, including maintaining clean groundwater, preserving the natural landscape and providing an environment for native plants and animals to thrive.

Conventional cemeteries, on the other hand, often use herbicides to maintain the grass, which can be absorbed into the earth; outer burial containers, which impede the decomposition of the body and take an extremely long time to decompose; and allow embalmed bodies to be buried, which results in formaldehyde and other embalming chemicals to enter the earth.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Not Seeing This Doc? You Could Be Shortchanging Your Health
Even though synonyms for the word “primary” include “chief,” “key,” “crucial,” and “most important,” 30 percent of American adults and nearly half of ...
How does a hospitalist learn about my medical history?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Hospitalists get medical information in different ways, including paper and electronic records, but ...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
When Will Doctors Begin Prescribing Healthcare Apps?