What should I consider when viewing a funeral home's facilities?

When visiting a funeral home, pay close attention to the facilities. They may influence your decision about which funeral home to choose. Here are some questions to consider: 
  • Does the funeral home have the type of facilities you'd like?
  • If you'd like to have the funeral service at the funeral home’s chapel, can the chapel accommodate the number of people you expect will attend?
  • If you expect elderly or disabled guests to attend the funeral, is the funeral home accessible to people with walkers or in wheelchairs?
  • Does the funeral home look clean and well maintained?

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
Recently, I woke up in the back of an ambulance after a bad bicycle accident with an EMT sticking an IV in my arm. The first words out of my mouth wer...
What type of health information can I request from my doctor?
ONC Consumer eHealth & Blue ButtonONC Consumer eHealth & Blue Button
You have the right to receive copies of your health information from your doctor and other providers...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
What Have You Learned from Global Health Initiatives That Could Apply to U.S. Healthcare?