What should I consider about my burial before planning my funeral?

Below are some questions regarding your burial (also known as interment) to consider before beginning the planning process for your funeral or memorial service. While you don’t have to answer all these questions before you meet with a funeral director, having a sense of what you want can certainly help.
  • Would you like to be buried in the ground in a cemetery? If so, do you have a cemetery in mind?
  • Would you like to be buried in the ground in another location? If so, do you have another location in mind?
  • Do you want to be in a cemetery but not buried in the ground? The options for this include being interred in a crypt, mausoleum, or columbarium?
  • If you’re planning a cremation, do you want the ashes buried in a cemetery?

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

More Dangerous Epidemics in America Than Ebola
If the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that over 33,000 American citizens would die from Ebola in 2015, it would be horrendous, b...
Why is it important to build a relationship with my primary care physician?
Building and keeping a relationship with your primary care doctor can ensure there is trust between ...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
How Does Knowing the Genetic Makeup of a Virus or Bacteria Help With Treatment?