What are the most common reasons adults are hospitalized?

Heart, lung, and gastrointestinal problems are some of the most common causes for adult trips to the hospital.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a New Doctor? 5 Questions You Must Ask
My patient came in with wrist pain. She had fallen and seen a general orthopedic surgeon in her small town, who did an x-ray and saw no fracture. Stil...
What activities can I do when recovering from surgery?
Daniel P. O'Hair, MDDaniel P. O'Hair, MD
Your activity is restricted while you recover from surgery. The following are light to moderate ac...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
What Is the State of Malaria Research?
What Is the State of Malaria Research?