Prior to surgery, what should I bring to my consultation with the surgeon?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
During your consultation bring all history, physical exam results, and radiographs with you. All findings including biopsy results should be reviewd with the surgeon. Make your checklist and list of questions to review as well. 
To make certain the surgeon fully understands your problem and your overall health, bring the following with you: copies of any x-rays, CT scans, or MRI scans; all lab results; your medical files; a comprehensive list of any medications you are taking (or have recently taken); a list of any natural dietary supplements, including herbs, you are taking (or have recently taken); and a list of any known allergies (including latex allergy or allergy to medications).
The Women's Guide to Ending Pain: An 8-Step Program

Are you one of the 80 million North American women suffering from the chronic pain of:* Menstrual cramps* Fibromyalgia* Headaches * Carpal tunnel syndrome* Back or neck pain?Starting today, you can...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
Who decides when I can be discharged from the hospital?
Dr. Umang Patel, DODr. Umang Patel, DO
The decision as to when you can be discharged from the hospital is often a group decision. You would...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
What Does the Future Look Like for the U.S. Healthcare System?