What are the benefits of a breast patient navigator?

Women diagnosed with breast disease are sometimes provided with a breast-health patient navigator. The navigator is a support person for the woman. The breast-health patient navigator can help with education, community resources or just be a 24-hour contact for the woman. Breast-health patient navigators develop a close connection with women and their families.

Women with breast disease will have a lot of appointments. They need someone to help coordinate those appointments. A lot of times the breast-health patient navigator will go to appointments with the woman and take notes for her. That way once she goes home, she has some notes that she can refer back to of what the doctor said and what that means for her.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

4 Reasons to See Your Doctor Now
4 Reasons to See Your Doctor Now
You may have heard a lot lately about why you can skip certain visits to your doctor. Some groups say women don’t need a mammogram every year, and for...
What insurance policy information should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your insurance policy information before you die. The types of insurance...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Can Africa Benefit from Mobile Health?