What should I ask my surgeon during my pre-surgery exam?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The pre-surgery exam is the perfect opportunity to discuss risks, benefits, and complications with your surgeon. I believe it is vital to have the opportunity to speak directly with the doctor regarding your questions and concerns. Discuss pre-operative instructions, surgical techniques, and post-operative management and expectations.  I have always found, in my practice, that fully informed patients have realistic expectations and reduced complications (due to understanding the "do's and dont's" after the procedure).

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Major Health Risk You Take Every Day
Most people think smoking is the worst thing they can possibly do for their health. But in reality, perhaps the worst thing of all is something most o...
4 Reasons to See Your Doctor Now
4 Reasons to See Your Doctor Now
You may have heard a lot lately about why you can skip certain visits to your doctor. Some groups say women don’t need a mammogram every year, and for...
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
You’re having a medical emergency—do you go to the emergency room where the waiting room always seems crowded? Or head to the quieter one where you fi...
What is a breast nurse navigator?
Portsmouth Regional HospitalPortsmouth Regional Hospital
A breast nurse navigator assists a patient and caregivers through the process of breast cancer treat...