Should I stick with the same pharmacy chain if I move?

When you move, you may either continue to have your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy chain, provided there is a location near you, or you may transfer your prescriptions to a new pharmacy.

There are plenty of reasons to stick with the same pharmacy chain, including patient safety and simplifying the refill process. However, it's easy to transfer prescriptions, and some retailers even offer incentives to do so, such as coupons.

To transfer a prescription, bring your labeled medication bottle or package in and the pharmacist will complete the transfer. You also may be able to complete this process over the phone or online. You may need to provide the new pharmacy with contact and insurance information.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Prime Directive for Healthcare
Prime Directive for Healthcare
In Star Trek, the Prime Directive may work well to protect less advanced societies from contamination by the hyper-techy world of Starfleet. But in th...
The Difference Between Misdiagnosis and Missed Diagnosis
In 1921, at age 39, Franklin Delano Roosevelt suddenly developed pain and paralysis in his upper and lower body. Although he regained control of his u...
When should I see a gastroenterologist?
Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointRegional Medical Center Bayonet Point
A patient should see a gastroenterologist for colonoscopies, digestive diseases and issues with the ...
Is This Mobile Surge in Africa Being Driven by Private Entrepreneurs More Than Government?