Should you mix styles of healing art in a hospital?

Hospitals have a variety of rooms, and can have a variety of healing art styles. Healing images are most helpful where patients spend time -- in their rooms, in day rooms, waiting rooms, and corridors nearby.
There are often strategic locations in a hospital that benefit from a “landmark” artwork, which architects often call “wayfinding” art.  This enables a visitor to “go to the waterfall and turn left."

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Medications and Mosquitoes: The Latest Developments
Q: Congress passed a Right-to-Try bill, which means that people who are terminally ill can try new drugs without FDA approval. That’s a good thing, ri...
Are physical symptoms and physical disorders the same?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Physical symptoms and physical disorders (i.e. medical disorders where the etiology [cause] is estab...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
Is Our Healthcare Sytem Broken?
Is Our Healthcare Sytem Broken?