Should you mix styles of healing art in a hospital?

Hospitals have a variety of rooms, and can have a variety of healing art styles. Healing images are most helpful where patients spend time -- in their rooms, in day rooms, waiting rooms, and corridors nearby.
There are often strategic locations in a hospital that benefit from a “landmark” artwork, which architects often call “wayfinding” art.  This enables a visitor to “go to the waterfall and turn left."

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Be an Informed Patient and Get Healthier
If you’ve ever wondered what your doc is scribbling in your file or entering into a computer during your medical appointment, you’re not alone. More t...
What is an internist?
Internal medicine doctors (or internists) are trained to treat adults of all ages. Their training al...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
What Is Microsoft's Interest in Health?
What Is Microsoft's Interest in Health?