Should I stop using medications from New England Compounding Center?

The CDC is investigating medications and products that are associated with a 2012 outbreak of fungal meningitis. As of this writing, the original source of the outbreak has not been determined. However, injectable steroid medication has been linked to the outbreak. The lots of medication that were given to patients have been recalled by the manufacturer, the New England Compounding Center.

To date, the CDC has not received reports of infections linked to other products from the New England Compounding Center. However, out of an abundance of caution, the CDC recommends that patients cease use of any product produced by the New England Compounding Center until further information is available. A list of products produced by the New England Compounding Center can be found through the FDA website at http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm322734.htm.

If patients have taken or used medications from New England Compounding Center, and they are worried that they are ill because of use of one of these products, they should seek medical attention. Again, the CDC has not received any reports of infection linked to other products from New England Compounding Center.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What information about my power of attorney should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your power of attorney (POA) information before you die. The information...
What tax return information should I organize before I die?
EverplansEverplans
It is important to organize your tax return information before you die. The information to gather fo...
Is There a Another Country's Healthcare System That You Wish America's System Was More Like?
How Will Digital Health Help the Healthcare System?