What is the role of pharmaceuticals in medical care?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing
Pharmaceuticals play an important role in medical care. Their role includes research and production of medications that treat illness and prevent illness. Some of the greatest advances in medicine have been through the development of new drugs. Some examples are vaccines, antibiotics, drugs to treat all types of cancer, and clot-busting drugs.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Be an Informed Patient and Get Healthier
If you’ve ever wondered what your doc is scribbling in your file or entering into a computer during your medical appointment, you’re not alone. More t...
How can regionalization improve treatment for people with lung cancer?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Researchers have found that for people being treated for lung cancer, regionalization results in imp...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
What Are the Bioethical Issues Raised by Collecting So Much Health Data?