What is the Partnership for Prescription Assistance?

There are many excellent medicines that can help people live healthier lives. At the same time, many Americans are uninsured and have trouble getting the medicines they need. America’s pharmaceutical research companies want to help.

We want everyone who needs medicines to be able to get it. That’s why you can get help through the Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA):
The PPA is a single point of access to more than 475 public and private patient assistance programs, including 180 programs offered by pharmaceutical companies. More than 2,500 brand-name and generic prescription medicines are available through the participating programs —many for free or nearly free. To learn more, call 1-888-4PPA-NOW.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
Recently, I woke up in the back of an ambulance after a bad bicycle accident with an EMT sticking an IV in my arm. The first words out of my mouth wer...
What does it mean to have a medical home?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
Having access to care when needed acutely is very important. “Having a medical home” very simply mea...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Has the Internet Created a Nation of Hypochondriacs?