Do most physicians today enjoy practicing medicine?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
In order to determine whether doctors enjoy practicing or not, it would depend on who you ask. Generally  I would say that many doctors are feeling stressed and enjoying medicine less than they did in the past.  Paperwork, insurance, and legal issues all contribute to the stress and difficulties. 

Over the last 5 years I have designed a practice that has helped me to find the joy of medicine that I had when I first started out in my career.   I have an Integrative medicine clinic where I am able to spend time with my patients and as a result I have been able to make a difference in their health and my life as a physician.
William Wien
William Wien on behalf of MDLIVE
Family Medicine
Physicians still enjoy interacting with and helping patients. It is the loss of autonomy, and interference with the practice of medicine that our current economic, legal, and political environment has created which most physicians despise. This factor causes many physicians to change careers, retire early, and to strongly discourage their children from entering the profession. How tragic!

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
In hockey, cross-checking means a player with both hands on his raised hockey stick slams into an opposing player. That’s against NHL rules and earns ...
What are the benefits of concierge medical care?
Dr. Gary W. Dorshimer, MDDr. Gary W. Dorshimer, MD
Personalized care emphasizes a strong patient-physician relationship, a focus on preventive care and...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Is the Gamification of Healthcare?
What Is the Gamification of Healthcare?