What features should I look for in a mail-order pharmacy?

Mail-order pharmacies are becoming far more common, and they offer two very enticing advantages: they're usually less expensive and many will send you prescriptions or reminders on regularly scheduled intervals.

Unless my health insurer required it, I wouldn't use a mail order pharmacy that didn't allow me to communicate with a specific pharmacist there through their 800-number, since developing a great relationship with your pharmacist is the most important factor, no matter how you get your pills or what you pay for them. And even then, as with car mechanics, you'd probably rather meet them in person rather than just trust them by the sound of their voices.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

4 Smart Steps to Prevent Weekend Medical Mistakes
The eagle flies on Friday declared T-Bone Walker in the 1947 hit tune "Stormy Monday." That blues-y phrase means Friday equals payday—and that equals ...
How many patients does a hospitalist see per day?
Methodist Stone Oak HospitalMethodist Stone Oak Hospital
A hospitalist will see 15 to 20 patients per day.
What Happens to Quality of Care in the Future?
What Does Personalized Medicine Look Like in the Future?