How do I know which medicine is right for me?

No drug is right for everyone.
Medicines may work differently in different people. This depends on gender, age, weight, medical history or other factors. There’s no way to know for sure what side effects, if any, you may get from a medicine. That’s why you should give your doctor or healthcare provider as much information as you can about yourself and your history.
Talk to your healthcare provider before AND after you start taking your medicine. He or she can predict and manage any side effects you might have.
Only you and your provider can decide if a medicine is right for you.
Make sure your doctor knows:
1) your medical history;
2) other medicines you take, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements;
3) your lifestyle factors (diet, smoking, drinking, etc.);
4) if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Not Seeing This Doc? You Could Be Shortchanging Your Health
Even though synonyms for the word “primary” include “chief,” “key,” “crucial,” and “most important,” 30 percent of American adults and nearly half of ...
How does organizing my documents before I die help my family?
EverplansEverplans
Organizing your documents before you die can be a big help for your family. After a death, there are...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
Should We Provide Healthcare to Everyone?