Is more expensive art actually better art?

Art comes in all price ranges, yet for healthcare interiors, pricier art is no more effective than reasonably priced art. Art by well-known artists often costs much more -- yet may not help the healing environment.  Healing art can deliver power -- to transport us, transform us and transcend our day-to-day issues -- for “peanuts.” When a patient is fighting an aggressive disease like cancer, healing art can also be an effective form of alternative medicine.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Ask Dr. Darria
Ask Dr. Darria
You can find all the articles here by Darria Long Gillespie, MD, Executive Vice President, Clinical Strategy at Sharecare and an emergency room doctor...
What can I do to improve my chances of recovery of dual diagnosis?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
To improve your chances of recovery, you should be honest with yourself and others and admit you hav...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Are the Possibilities of a Malaria Vaccine?