If I become ill while traveling, what should I do if I have concierge care?

Gary Dorshimer, MD

Individuals with minor medical concerns that arise while traveling or on vacation may contact their concierge physician directly via cell phone or email. In the case of a medical emergency, call 911 (within the United States) or go directly to the nearest medical facility. Additionally, your concierge physician is readily available by phone for consultation to ensure continuity of care.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Planning Ahead for Your Health
Planning Ahead for Your Health
Are you not very strong-minded when it comes to handling your healthcare needs? Or perhaps you just don’t know what you want in the event of an emerge...
What does an ambulatory pharmacist do?
Angela Green, PharmDAngela Green, PharmD
An ambulatory pharmacist works with a primary care provider (PCP) and plays an integral role in pati...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday.
Why Is It Taking So Long to Go from Curative Medicine to Preventative Medicine?