How can I tell if a website I want to order medication from is reputable?

You may like the convenience of having medications shipped to your house, but how can you know if a pharmacy website is legal and reputable?
You will want to order from a website that is for a state-licensed pharmacy in the United States. In order to do so, you must have a valid prescription from a pharmacist. It’s important to make sure you are ordering from a reputable site within the United States for two reasons:
  1. Medications that you buy from other countries will not have been regulated for safety by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA),and
  2. Importation of medications from other countries is, in most cases, illegal.
To buy medicines in the United States online, you can find out if a website is a state-licensed one by contacting the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP). Websites that meet NABP standards will display a seal called VIPPS (Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites).

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Difference Between Misdiagnosis and Missed Diagnosis
In 1921, at age 39, Franklin Delano Roosevelt suddenly developed pain and paralysis in his upper and lower body. Although he regained control of his u...
What does the suffix -itis mean in medical terminology?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
A word that ends in -itis simply means "inflammation." For example, bursitis describes an inflamed b...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health. Ever wake up an...
Are People More Willing to Share Health Information Due to Social Media?