How can I verify the identity of people caring for me at the hospital?

Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Emergency Medicine
Ask hospital staff who they are if they don’t tell you first. Everyone who works in the hospital should be wearing a badge and announcing who they are before they care for you. You have a right to know who is taking care of you and what their role is in your care.
Doc's ER Survival Guide (DocHandal's Guides)

Few people get through life without at least one trip to the emergency room (ER), either as a patient or support person for a family member or friend. Doc’s ER Survival Guide is designed to help...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Why Busy ERs May Be Better
Why Busy ERs May Be Better
You’re having a medical emergency—do you go to the emergency room where the waiting room always seems crowded? Or head to the quieter one where you fi...
What services do community pharmacies offer?
Angela Green, PharmDAngela Green, PharmD
Community pharmacies offer vaccinations and medication management, and some are offering testing for...
5 Bogus Health Tips
5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips5 Bogus Health Tips
These common health rules may not be as accurate as you think.
How Does Knowing the Genetic Makeup of a Virus or Bacteria Help With Treatment?