How do I take care of thermometers?

Wash digital and glass thermometers with lukewarm water and soap. If you have rubbing alcohol available, you may also want to clean the thermometer with it and a soft cloth. Place the thermometer back into its case. Store it in a safe place, away from your child's reach.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The Difference Between Misdiagnosis and Missed Diagnosis
In 1921, at age 39, Franklin Delano Roosevelt suddenly developed pain and paralysis in his upper and lower body. Although he regained control of his u...
How can I protect myself from medical-related identity theft and fraud?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Medical identity theft and fraud are serious crimes that can cost you money and lead to inaccurate m...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Was Your Experience Like as a Patient Dealing with a Serious Medical Condition?