How can I ensure my privacy when choosing a mobile health application?

To ensure the privacy of your personal health information, consider the following privacy policy information and settings when choosing a mobile health app:
  • Review privacy settings of both the app and your mobile device.
  • Know your options and what the default settings are.
  • Some organizations are now certifying privacy policies for mobile apps to ensure they meet guidelines. Look for a sign of certification such as the TRUSTe seal.
  • Read the app’s privacy policy.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
In the Hospital? Have an Advocate
Recently, I woke up in the back of an ambulance after a bad bicycle accident with an EMT sticking an IV in my arm. The first words out of my mouth wer...
What is the role of urgent care in today’s healthcare system?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
Urgent care plays an important role in our healthcare system.  Urgent medical care is needed when so...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
How Do You Use Storytellers to Help Ease Patient Fears of Surgery?