How many people use the internet for health information?

Research suggests that healthcare websites and blogs increasingly do make a difference. Eight out of 10 Internet users -- roughly 60 percent of American adults -- sought health  information online in 2010, according to a Health Topics report by the Pew Internet and American Life Project.  A decade ago, only 25 percent of American adults relied on the Web for health information. 

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
How do I choose an orthopedic surgeon?
JFK Medical Center - HCA East FloridaJFK Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Choose an orthopedic surgeon who is board certified and who specializes in the area of expertise tha...
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Top 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At WorkTop 5 Body Disasters -- At Work
Find out how to deal with these embarrassing issues that could derail your workday. A seemingly normal workday can quickly become horrific if your bod...
Are We Moving to a Preventative Health Healthcare System?