How much are funeral transportation costs?

Prices for funeral transportation vary, but here are some ranges of funeral transportation costs:
  • Transfer of the person who died from place of death to funeral home: $200-$400
  • Transportation of the body to the cemetery or crematory from funeral service site: $250-$35.
  • Use of limousine for transportation of family (optional): $150-$350
  • Utility van/flower car/lead car (optional): $100-$200
  • Charge for forwarding remains to another funeral home: $1400-$3000; includes the receiving funeral home’s charge for receiving remains
  • Charge for receiving remains from another funeral home: $1000-$2500; includes the forwarding funeral home’s charge for forwarding remains

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
How does training differ between a DO and MD?
Lone Peak HospitalLone Peak Hospital
The training, or educational requirements, for a doctor of osteopathic (DO) medicine and a medical d...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
5 Questions to Ask When Getting a Medical Test