How many kids are treated for nonprescription drug overdoses?

Seven thousand children under age eleven are treated in hospital emergency departments every year for overdoses of nonprescription cough and cold medications. About two-thirds of those cases happened when children took the meds without their parent’s knowledge. But in one-quarter of the cases, the parent gave the correct dosage.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What is a breast nurse navigator?
Portsmouth Regional HospitalPortsmouth Regional Hospital
A breast nurse navigator assists a patient and caregivers through the process of breast cancer treat...
What Are Most Health Applications that Gather Patient Data Missing?
What Are Your Biggest Challenges Communicating Issues in Global Public Health?
Should We Provide Healthcare to Everyone?