How is a doctor different from a nurse?

Doctors are different from nurses in that the doctor can make decisions about what kind of treatment people need. Doctors can prescribe medicine and decide how long people need to stay in the hospital. The nurse helps the doctor with tasks like giving people their medicine and taking blood samples.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
What are the benefits of concierge medical care?
Dr. Gary W. Dorshimer, MDDr. Gary W. Dorshimer, MD
Personalized care emphasizes a strong patient-physician relationship, a focus on preventive care and...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Which Government Agencies Are Involved with mHealth?