How is a doctor different from a nurse?

Doctors are different from nurses in that the doctor can make decisions about what kind of treatment people need. Doctors can prescribe medicine and decide how long people need to stay in the hospital. The nurse helps the doctor with tasks like giving people their medicine and taking blood samples.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
3 Rules for Checking Into the Hospital
In hockey, cross-checking means a player with both hands on his raised hockey stick slams into an opposing player. That’s against NHL rules and earns ...
Is it unsafe to take medications after their expiration date?
Learn about why expiration dates matter on your medication from our experts.
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Does Connected Health Create More Personal Responsibility for Patients?