How should I follow up with my doctor after a hospital stay?

Scheduling an appointment and making sure your primary care provider has a copy of your discharge summary is helpful.

After a hospital stay you should call your doctor to make an appointment and let the front office know that you need to follow up after being hospitalized. You should call your doctor's office on the day you are released from the hospital, or as soon as possible if you are released over a weekend.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

How to Talk To Your Doctor About Embarrassing Questions
Going to the doctor isn’t exactly fun -- and it can be downright uncomfortable if you’ve got an embarrassing body issue you’re nervous to ask about. B...
What are the challenges for minorities getting access to healthcare?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
Minority populations in the United States face several challenges when getting access to healthcare:...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Is Social Media Really a Good Place for Patients to Get Health Information?