How can I decrease the chance of medication errors?

There are thousands of drugs on the market today and many have similar names. Double-check prescriptions with the pharmacist. Compare the medication in the bottle to the label description and ask about possible drug interactions. Read information fully to understand side effects and safety warnings.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a Surgeon: How Much Experience is Enough?
An old joke involves a patient asking the doctor, “Have you been successful doing this surgery?”If the doctor says, “Yes, I’ve been successful,” that ...
What is a laser?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
The word laser stands for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.” A laser is a co...
Is Health and Healthcare a Basic Human Right?
Are Physicians and Family Physicians Disconnected from Their Patients Today?