How can I check whether a medication is effective or not?

You can check on the prescription bottle for the expiration date of the medication. Prescriptions dispensed from the pharmacy are typically given an expiration date of 1 year after dispensing. If medication is used beyond the expiration date on the label, the potency and stability of the medication cannot be guaranteed.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

How to Get Generic Drugs You Need
How to Get Generic Drugs You Need
“It was just on the tip of my tongue. What was it?” If you’re taking medication, chances are the answer to your questions is, “A generic drug.” About...
What type of primary care physician (PCP) is best for me?
Dr. Scott A. Wolf, DODr. Scott A. Wolf, DO
The choice of which type of primary care physician (PCP) is best for you may come down to where you ...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Important Is Text-Based Communication in Global Health Today?