How can I swallow pills more easily?

If swallowing pills and vitamins is difficult, try these tips:
  • Ask your doctor or pharmacist if your medication will retain its potency if it is ground up and combined with food. If your doctor advises against grinding up your pills, try swallowing the pill with fruit nectar instead of water. Try swallowing it along with a spoonful of applesauce or honey, or coating the pill with a little butter or pudding.
  • Put the pill into your mouth, tilt your chin down, look down into the bottom of your glass of water, and swallow. Continue to look down during the entire swallowing process. Some people find that this works much better than tilting your head backward when swallowing a pill.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Not Seeing This Doc? You Could Be Shortchanging Your Health
Even though synonyms for the word “primary” include “chief,” “key,” “crucial,” and “most important,” 30 percent of American adults and nearly half of ...
What is the difference between an acute condition and a chronic disease?
National Center for HomeopathyNational Center for Homeopathy
An acute condition is one that lasts for a short time but can begin quickly and have intense symptom...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Are We Closer Now to a Unified Health Record?