How can I give my infant medication?

Have one person give the medicine while the other holds the infant, wrapped in a blanket to keep flailing arms at bay. Try this technique: Using a dropper, squirt in the medication slowly toward the side and back of the cheek. If your baby vomits within twenty minutes of taking the medicine, call your pediatrician. Another dose may be necessary.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a New Doctor? 5 Questions You Must Ask
My patient came in with wrist pain. She had fallen and seen a general orthopedic surgeon in her small town, who did an x-ray and saw no fracture. Stil...
Why should a loved one accompany me to the doctor if I am seriously ill?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Ask a family member or close friend to be an advocate. Visiting a doctor can be stressful, and bring...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
With Mobile Health, Have You Seen Differences in Outcomes for Your Patients?