How can I give my infant medication?

Have one person give the medicine while the other holds the infant, wrapped in a blanket to keep flailing arms at bay. Try this technique: Using a dropper, squirt in the medication slowly toward the side and back of the cheek. If your baby vomits within twenty minutes of taking the medicine, call your pediatrician. Another dose may be necessary.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What documents should I prepare after the death of a loved one?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Within days and months of your loss, you'll need to gather many documents and make financial dec...
Is the Doctor/Patient Relationship Changing with Healthcare Technology Advances?
Will Digital Health Improve the Doctor/Patient Relationship?
What Is Broken in Our Healthcare System?