How can I arrange a direct cremation?

You can arrange a direct cremation with a crematory or with a funeral home. The crematory should be able to handle all aspects of a cremation, including completing the death certificate and transporting the body to the crematory for a nominal fee. In addition, a crematory will often charge a fraction of the price that a funeral home would charge for the same services.

If you work with a funeral home to arrange a direct cremation, the funeral home will complete the death certificate and transport the body to the crematory for a small fee, in addition to the basic services fee that they will charge for their services.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
5 Things Your Nurse Wants You to Know
I consider myself lucky to be one of the 3.1 million registered nurses (RN) in the US, an amazing profession full of passionate, kind, brilliant women...
What are functional symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Among themselves, doctors also use the term functional to describe medically unexplained symptoms no...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
What Are the Risks of Bisphenol A (BPA)?