How can my attitude help me cope with my chronic disease?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Researchers found that the attitude people hold toward their chronic disease reflects how they manage it. For instance, those who see their diabetes as helping them to make positive life changes are probably also more likely to take their medications regularly, stay on track with their diet and weight loss and share what they’re doing with those they love. In turn, their families can help them each step of the way and motivate them with this positive psychology if they start to get off track.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
How Do You Define mHealth?
How Do You Define mHealth?
Are We Too Reliant on Technology in Healthcare?
Why Is Healthcare One of the Last Industries to Be Digitized?