How can I approach my family about funeral arrangements?

Approaching your family about funeral arrangements can be difficult. It can be hard to talk to your children, partner or family about your own funeral, and it can be hard to talk to parents about theirs. Keeping the conversation centered on practical planning -- burial location, for example -- may help reduce conflict and emotionally charged disagreements.

It's also important to remember that not everyone in your family will agree with your decisions. While it's important to try to get everyone on the same page, if you are making plans for yourself then you have every right to make whatever decisions you'd like.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a New Doctor? 5 Questions You Must Ask
My patient came in with wrist pain. She had fallen and seen a general orthopedic surgeon in her small town, who did an x-ray and saw no fracture. Stil...
What is a hospital discharge summary?
If you've been hospitalized, your discharge summary records will include everything noted about your...
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
Am I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues ExplainedAm I Normal? 6 Body Issues Explained
If you’ve gained a little weight or your hair is a bit thinner, check out some common problems and what they may mean for your health.
How Will the Doctor's Role Change in Future Healthcare?