What two adjectives describe the perfect hospital stay?

Short and boring. Those two words may not describe your ideal date, but they add up to a great hospital experience. No matter what path you've taken to become a hospital's newest live-in guest, you want the stay to be as short and boring as possible. Short and boring means you didn't have any thrilling, life-threatening complications (unless your stay was short for the wrong reasons). Short and boring means things were planned well. Finally, short and boring means you'll spend the least amount of time possible in what can be one of the most dangerous places you'll ever enter: your friendly neighborhood hospital.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
The #1 Way to be a Better Patient
Have you ever walked out of the doctor’s office and immediately forgotten what the doc told you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone: According to research...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
Are People More Willing to Share Health Information Due to Social Media?
Why Silence Is Bad for Your Health
Why Silence Is Bad for Your Health