Can a pharmacist refuse to fill a prescription?

A pharmacist may refuse to fill a prescription based on his or her professional judgment or for a variety of other reasons. For instance, a pharmacist may refuse to fill a prescription because of concern about a possible interaction with another drug you are taking, because he or she has questions about the dosage or because of doubts about the validity of the prescription. In some states, a pharmacist may also refuse to fill a prescription because of a moral objection.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

What are the top health risks for redheads?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
The following are some of the top health risks for redheads: Melanoma: Red hair and fair skin is ...
How can my attitude help me cope with my chronic disease?
Researchers found that the attitude people hold toward their chronic disease reflects how they manag...
Why Is Healthcare One of the Last Industries to Be Digitized?
Diagnostic Software: Helping Patients Better Understand Their Condition