Can I buy goods for a funeral from a retailer other than the funeral home?

According to the Funeral Rule, you are entitled to purchase goods and services for a funeral separately. That is, you may purchase products from the retailer of your choice and the funeral home must use those products without additional charge. The level of transparency offered by a funeral home in these dealings is generally a good indicator of the ethics and professionalism of that company.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a New Doctor? 5 Questions You Must Ask
My patient came in with wrist pain. She had fallen and seen a general orthopedic surgeon in her small town, who did an x-ray and saw no fracture. Stil...
What agencies should I inform about a loved one's death?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
You'll need to inform certain agencies and organizations about the death of your loved one for f...
What I Love About Nursing
What I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About NursingWhat I Love About Nursing
In honor of Nurses' Week, check out these nurses from Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and learn about what drives their passion to care for othe...
What Does a Chief Innovation Officer Do?