Are urgent care fees higher than a hospital ER?

A patient’s out-of-pocket costs are typically substantially higher to be seen in the emergency department. Savings at an urgent care center are available due to more appropriate services and staffing for non-emergency medical needs. The expense of a hospital emergency department visit is higher due to highly specialized staff and much more diagnostic and treatment equipment.

Continue Learning about Healthcare Basics

Choosing a Surgeon: How Much Experience is Enough?
An old joke involves a patient asking the doctor, “Have you been successful doing this surgery?”If the doctor says, “Yes, I’ve been successful,” that ...
Which important papers should I store in a safe deposit box?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Safe deposit boxes (or safety deposit boxes) are located in banks or credit unions and keep cont...
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew10 Things Nurses Wish Their Patients Knew
Be honest, speak up and don't forget to stop in and say hello
What Is the Gamification of Healthcare?
What Is the Gamification of Healthcare?