Which apps can help me manage my pregnancy?

Pregnancy has gone high-tech with the inclusion of apps and wireless devices designed especially for mom-to-be. With technology to guide the process of bringing life into the world, women and their partners can find new levels of confidence and joy along the journey.
  • A free app for your smartphone, I’m Expecting is the must-have app for mommies to-be. It helps track your symptoms, gives you invaluable info on the changes your body is going through, shows how your baby is developing week-by-week and can even keep track of doctor appointments and your due date. Add your own photos to create an I’m Expecting slideshow -- a personal, intimate record of your pregnancy.
  • Glow Nurture is an app made specifically for those with a bun in the oven. Similar to I’m Expecting, Glow provides important information about baby’s development and mom’s well-being along with a community platform to connect with other expectant parents.
  • Pregnancy Buzz is like having your own personal prenatal support group. Not only does the app provide expert advice on everything from food cravings to baby’s development, but it allows you free access to the Bump.com community of other expectant and new moms. So, have a question you can’t find an answer to? Simply ask the community and receive almost instant feedback!
  • Baby Names is an app that has both a paid and a free version. If you're serious about having an app to help you choose your new arrival’s moniker, you’ll want to invest in the paid edition. Why? Because the paid version gives in-depth information on name meanings, origins and other relevant info you may want to have before deciding on what to call your little one. The free version doesn’t provide nearly as much good stuff, and only gives you the country of origin, the gender and how popular each name is this year. If you just want something to browse through, download the free one.
  • For well under $200, you can purchase your very own FetalBeats baby heart rate monitor, which connects directly into your smartphone (available at sproutling.com). Listen to, record and share your baby’s heart beat any time you want! While FetalBeats is definitely no replacement for regular prenatal checkups and ultrasounds, it’s a cool app perfect for peace of mind throughout high-risk pregnancies or simply to connect with and enjoy the sweet sound of your baby’s ticker.

Continue Learning about Health Trackers